Friday, May 10, 2013

THE WEDDING DAY

Hey all dads out there, I made it.  Everyone says how traumatic it is for a dad to have a daughter get married.  Well in my case, I was so proud and so happy.  Maybe because I believe that my daughter was prepared to take this step and that the guy she married is an absolutely amazing young man.  If either of these things were a question in my mind, it probably would have been an entirely different experience.

Below is a link to some very beautiful photos.  The wedding dress my daughter designed and sewed was an absolute show stopper.  After the wedding when my daughter and my new son-in-law were with the photographer taking photos, complete strangers kept interrupting them to ask if they could take my daughter's picture.  It was as if she was a movie star and random people there for other weddings were the paparazzi.  Never before have I witnessed such a thing.  Here is a photo of my daughter having her picture taken by complete strangers with their camera phones.

Photo: Bree was a show-stopper at the Manti Temple on Saturday.  Everywhere we went people stopped what they were doing to look at her and GASP over her dress.  People were pulling out their phones left and right to take photos of her. We had to stop many times because so many people were asking to take her picture.  Yep, Bree is pretty much amazing.

OK, now on to the link.  I hope you enjoy these photos.  This photographer is beyond fabulous.  She was fast, efficient, creative, unflappable and made everyone look good!

http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/2013/04/bree-taylor-utah-wedding-photographer.html

So here is a TIP FROM A MAN... when it comes to your daughter's wedding, do all you can to take care of the planning, details and work far in advance so that you and your family can relax and enjoy the wedding day.  Don't sweat any little calamities or catastrophes.  Even if you do your best, they will happen.  Something will go wrong.  Hair won't go just right.  Something will spill on a tie.  Etc., etc.  You know what I mean.  Stuff will happen.  So just smile and roll with it and have a wonderful day with your family and friends.

Enjoy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment