Monday, July 1, 2013

CHERRY BREAKFAST


Summer.  Love it!  Check out this breakfast.  The star of this meal is the fresh cherries that I picked earlier that morning from our tree.  Whenever possible a TIP FROM A MAN is to buy fresh and to buy local.  If you are fortunate enough to grow some food yourself, all the better!

Allow me to provide the run down on this tasty and filling breakfast: Granola cereal, fresh sliced banana, dried plums (from Costco) and a bunch of pitted cherries sliced in half.  I forgot to include this in the photo, but I topped this with a splash of almond milk.

Trust me, this meal was tasty and very filling and satisfying.  I usually eat a mid morning snack but on this day I didn't feel like one and wasn't all that interested in lunch.  The texture and variety of this meal was very interesting.

Here is a TIP FROM A MAN... don't allow yourself to get bored with food.  Be a bit creative.  Take a few chances.  You can eat wisely and make it fun, easy, affordable and tasty all at the same time.  You can have it all.  You better believe it!

Enjoy life.


1 comment: