Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SPARE TIRE... GONE

If you have been following TIPS FROM A MAN for a while, you know that the motivation for the healthy eating and workout guidelines came about as a result of the experience I had while at the lake in the summer of 2011.  Most people probably wouldn't have considered me to have been overweight.  But when I got to the lake and put on my swimming suit, I didn't like how I looked around the middle and I figured if I didn't like it, others probably didn't need to see my "Spare Tire" either, so on came a tee a shirt while hanging around the house boat and even under the life jacket while water skiing.

So here we are about 10 months later.  My weight is at 158 down from 171.  I feel great, have more stamina, have much improved muscle tone and feel like I generally have an improved outlook on life.  It hasn't been magic, but I've enjoyed living life with a bit more of a purpose.  You are probably thinking that it was hard, but it certainly hasn't been hard at all.  Yes, there have been a few times when I had to put a little brain power into figuring out what to eat (usually when at a fast food joint or party) but I've always found food I could enjoy that was satisfying and that kept me moving in the right direction.

I've never been a fan of the before and after photos that are typically associated with diet products.  I crack up at the "before" photo of the guy sticking out his gut, white as a ghost, hairy as a beast, frowning like he is constipated and looking like he hasn't showered in a month.  Then the wonderful  "after" photo of the same guy sucking in his stomach, sporting a super dark tan, smiling like he just won the lottery and miraculously void of any body hair.  Right.  But, because you deserve to see some evidence, I have attached a photo.  These shorts were purchased last summer.  They used to fit great.  Same with the belt.  Now down to the very last notch.




So there you go.  I'm just a regular guy.  The only thing I have on you is maybe a few months head start.  So here is a TIP FROM A MAN... start now... or keep it up... live life with a purpose... doing nothing - not an option.

Enjoy life!

I am really looking forward to our annual vacation at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment