Saturday, September 29, 2012

TIM CHECKS IN

 Tim last checked in on June 18, 2012... here is another update:





Hey Roger,

Wanted to give you an update.  As you are aware, I recently hiked to the summit of Mount Timpanogos which for me was a milestone and somewhat of a miracle.  When I consider the health challenges that I have been through and the prognosis of my cardiologist, it truly is a miracle.  I am very grateful for your blog and the hints that you offer particularly as they relate to the simple changes we can all make in our diet and your hints for increasing our activity levels, small changes practiced over time which lead to astonishing results.  That is what I have experienced.  It has changed my life and I can engage in activities that I love and thought I would never have the privilege of doing again.  I have attached some photos of the last two Mt. Timpanogos hikes.

Additionally, I just had a routine visit with my cardiologist and he performed all normal labs, etc. that he has always done.  It was fun to watch the expression on his face as he went over the numbers with me.  He asked me several times what I was doing and of course I simply referred him to your blog.  Anyway, my blood pressure continues to improve from 114/72 to 110/68.  A diastolic rate in the sixties!  Are you kidding me!  My triglycerides went from 114 to 84, truly amazing!  What I am most excited about, however, is the resting heart rate dropped by 16  and my HDL (good cholesterol) went from 35 (below normal) to 49 which is fantastic!  The cardiologist was so impressed that he is cutting back on my meds!  
Roger, I will be forever grateful for your blog and the resultant health benefits that I have experienced.  What's more, it has not been hard nor a flash-in-the-pan fad that I tried for a while but could not sustain. These small alterations in lifestyle have made all the difference in the world to me and I thank you.

Tim
_________________


That is awesome Tim!  I know that you love to hike and the fact that you are able to hike again is amazing!  So happy for you.  When Tim started following the TIPS FROM A MAN guidelines in January 2012 he weighed 263.5 pounds.  He now weighs 222 pounds for a total loss of 41.5 pounds.  I don't need to add a TIP FROM A MAN today, because Tim did it for us... "small changes practiced over time which lead to astonishing results."  That's what we are all about.  Tim, you inspire all of us.  Can't wait for you to check in again.

Enjoy life!


No comments:

Post a Comment