Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OBSESSED WITH BREAKFAST

ZOOM Cereal, Blueberries, Banana, Walnuts and Agave Nectar

Many accuse me of being obsessed with breakfast.  OK, you got me, guilty as charged.  I am a firm believer that a good nutritious breakfast is the foundation for the day.  The meal doesn't need to be big, but it needs to pack a punch.  After an 8 - 10 hour overnight fast, your body is looking for fuel.  It needs calories.  As you know all calories are not created equal.  Your body craves complex carbohydrates, natural sugars and protein.

This morning I started off my day with the meal pictured above.  It was tasty, filling, easy to prepare and easy to clean up.  Three hours later my hunger is still satisfied and am now into my daily ritual of drinking water while working at the office or driving to appointments.  I'm straying off topic but one of the little known benefits of the winter months that I appreciate is that the bottle of water I keep in the car stays cool all day.

So here is a TIP FROM A MAN... when it comes to breakfast two things are critical; 1) Plan ahead and 2) Leave time to prepare, eat and clean up.  As with most successful home meals, you must plan your breakfast meals out in advance and shop for the ingredients you will need.  Then get up early enough to take care of all you must do in the morning while allowing time for breakfast.  If you are raising children, a quality breakfast will make them feel better and they will likely perform better at school.

Enjoy life!


No comments:

Post a Comment