Tuesday, December 24, 2013

C S LEWIS CHRISTMAS QUOTES



Clive Staples Lewis, commonly called C. S. Lewis and known to his friends and family as "Jack", was a novelist, poet, academic, medievalist, literary critic, essayist, lay theologian, and Christian apologist. 

Many of us have had the good fortune to have studied and enjoyed the writings of C. S. Lewis.  If you haven't read his works, I strongly encourage you to do so.  Following are ten quotes or poems with a Christmas theme which are attributed to Mr. C. S. Lewis:

Look for Christ and you will find Him.
And with Him, everything else.

Among the oxen
(like an ox I'm slow)
I see a glory in the stable grow
Which, with the ox's dullness
might at length
Give me an ox's strength

Among the asses
(stubborn I as they)
I see my Savior
where I looked for hay;
So may my beast like folly
learn at least
The patience of a beast

Among the sheep
(I like a sheep have strayed)
I watch the manger
where my Lord is laid;
Oh that my baa-ing nature
would win thence
Some woolly innocence!

The sun looks down on nothing half so good as a household laughing together over a meal.

"Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world."

"Exmas and Crissmas are not the same. The pictures which are stamped on the Exmas-cards have nothing to do with the sacred story..."

"Always winter and never Christmas;
think of that!"
"How awful!" said Lucy.

"Can it really be my duty to buy and receive masses of junk every winter just to help the shopkeepers?"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God."
_____________

Here is wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season surrounded by loving family and friends.  And, take it easy on the fruit cake and egg nog (I just couldn't help myself).

Enjoy life!


No comments:

Post a Comment