Friday, December 21, 2012

HOLIDAY EATING

Several articles I have recently read say that the average person gains between 7 - 10 pounds over the holidays.  When you think about the parties, goodies and treats that are available during this time of year it seems pretty logical that this is accurate.  Well, with a bit of preparedness and a game plan, let's be sure that this weight gain doesn't happen to us.

Here is a TIP FROM A MAN...

Parties / Snacks
When I go to a party, I have a plan in advance about what I am going to eat and drink.  If I splurge, I make sure that it is only a little bit, I don't eat the whole fruit cake.  At parties besides the cookies, cakes, etc., there is often fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and nuts.  This is where I focus my munching.  Rather than the Egg Nog, I go for the water with a twist of lime or a diet soda.  Really, it is very easy.  When I sit down to watch a game on TV, rather than chips, dip, cookies and cake, I choose fresh fruit, nuts, vegetable slices and pop corn.

Breakfast / Lunch
Here are photos of two meals I recently enjoyed:


Bran Cereal, Raisins, Blueberries, Sliced Banana, Walnuts, Almond Milk, Agave Nectar


Leftover Turkey, Fresh Peppers, Carrot Slices, and Apple Slices

These meals were very tasty, filling and easy to eat.  Preparation time was next to nothing.  Clean up was a snap.  Over the holidays, you tend to get out of your normal routine.  Be disciplined.  Have a plan for eating.  Fill extra time by going to the gym or visiting people who may be lonely such as shut ins or the elderly.  It is a wonderful time of year.  Do much good.  You can make a difference. I like this quote:

"With one kind gesture you can change a life. One person at a time you can change the world."

Steve Maraboli
Author, Speaker and Radio Show Host

Enjoy life!



No comments:

Post a Comment