Friday, August 9, 2013

FRESH PEACH PROTEIN SHAKE



This morning I was hungry and needed something to get me fired up.  When I was doing my Friday duty of taking the trash to the curb my eyes fell upon our peach tree.  Our peach tree is loaded this year so much so that the branches are hanging awkwardly.  I thought that the peaches wouldn't yet be ripe, but out of curiosity (or beastly hunger) I decided to go to the tree and give a few peaches a little squeeze.  I was right, the majority of the peaches were still hard... but after a minute I found one that was soft.  BAM!!  Success!

So, I plucked that juicy peach from the tree and sprinted into the house to create the amazing drink that you see pictured above.  Here are the ingredients:

- Fresh Peach
- Fresh Blueberries
- Walnuts
- Protein Powder
- Ice Cubes
- Coconut Water (8 oz.)

After a few seconds in the Magic Bullet Blender I was wildly gulping this cool, refreshing, delicious protein shake.  It was so tasty.  Here is A TIP FROM A MAN... make every meal an adventure.  Be excited about healthy food.  Be creative.  Never allow yourself to be lazy when it comes to nutrition.  Your body needs you to take care of it so it can perform for you.

This morning was a treat.  When I got out of bed, I didn't know that I was about to feast on a fresh home grown peach.  Find joy the little unexpected surprises of life.  They are everywhere if you look for them.

Enjoy life!


1 comment: