Friday, March 30, 2012

CHALLENGE YOURSELF

Perhaps you can live life at a high level without any specific challenges and goals, but I find it tough to do that. I find it too easy to become a slacker. Here is a TIP FROM A MAN... get involved in something that really stretches you and that you have a passion for. For me it is playing baseball. Yes, I said baseball. You ask, what on earth is a 52 year old man doing playing baseball?  Are you crazy?  Won't you get yourself killed or in the least pull a hamstring?  I will tell you what a 52 year old man is doing playing baseball, keeping my edge, that's what. And the league I play in is for guys 18 years old and older. Yes, it includes active college players and former pro's. If some 21 year old kid is going to throw a 90 mph fastball high and tight I better be ready for it. That thought is what keeps me in the gym running and lifting all winter. Does it work, yes indeed it does. Two years ago our awesome team won the league championship for the second consecutive year. And my team voted me the tournament finals MVP.  Not bad for a then 50 year old. So, each of you, find your inner baseball whatever it is. Stretch yourself. Do something no one thinks you can. Get out of your comfort zone. Become your own personal MVP!

Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment