Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FAMOUS GREEN DRINK

I'm sure you are saying, how can I ever drink something neon green?  Here is a TIP FROM A MAN... "try it you'll like it" (you have to be old to get that one)  : )

A few weeks ago I wrote about the whys and hows of the Green Drink and that write up is contained in the bottom post of this blog.  Just for fun, I thought I'd now share the write up that my daughter did about this drink and her secret recipe:

I have PERFECTED the perfect smoothie. Seriously though, I LOVE it, it is my favorite thing. I have it EVERY day.
-half green apple
-2-3 inch piece of cucumber
-frozen peaches (I used to use berries which probably have more nutrients and all that but I also bought frozen peaches and  pineapple (which by the way, it is good to have pineapple everyday, it is good for your digestive system and therefore good for your waist line... I haven't tried the pineapple yet but the peaches are AMAZING in this smoothie)
-a couple handfuls of spinach
-a 1/2 cup-ish of Orange Juice (I don't measure) - I use Simply Orange with High Pulp
-a 1/4 cup-ish of plain non-fat yogurt
-1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
-a handful of walnuts

Thanks sweetie!  So be brave and try it.  It will energize you for the whole morning.  But, good luck in getting yours to be more neon green than mine!

Enjoy life!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for green drinks! Love you daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I can stomach the look, but the ingredients looks good. I am going to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete